Our activities include, but are not limited to:
- The Annual Convention/Reunion. See the Convention Brochure & Registration Form under Downloads.
- Hosting our Members and Guests at our “Hospitality Center” during the Sun ‘n Fun International Fly-In & Expo.
- Chapter Meetings in several major U. S. cities.
- Tours of aviation museums and other interesting sites.
- Hearing guest speakers that inform, educate and entertain us.
- Member-sponsored rides in members’ aircraft to interesting and fun venues. Note: the Fraternity does not own any aircraft, and does not exercise control over anyone’s flying activities.
- Assisting young people into aviation through our Aviation Scholarship Program.
- Placing aviation-related books and materials in libraries throughout the United States.
Silver Wings Fraternity championed the naming of the Flight Terminal at Denver International Airport the “Captain Elrey B. Jeppesen Flight Terminal.” Elrey Borge Jeppesen was a long-time Silver Wings Fraternity member and at one time Chairman of the Board of Directors, and an aviation pioneer. We also sponsored the creation of an extensive Jeppesen exhibit at the Boeing Field Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington, and we arranged for the museum to receive and display Captain “Jepp’s” collection of professional memorabilia.
Silver Wings Fraternity seeks to find ways to recognize the aviation accomplishments of current members, and those Aviators who have gone before us. Come join us and experience great fellowship, and experience the feeling of belonging to an aviation organization where you can share friendship with fellow pilots, and participate in what flying is all about. Be there when the hangar door opens!